Dilled Fish and Vegetable Packet Recipe
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Place an 18x12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil on a large baking sheet. Arrange fillets in a single layer on foil; spritz with butter-flavored spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- 2. Combine the peas, carrots, onion, dill, garlic and remaining salt and pepper; spoon over fish. Drizzle with wine. Top with a second large piece of foil. Bring edges of foil pieces together; crimp to seal, forming a large packet.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and vegetables are crisp-tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 178 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 396mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Dilled Fish and Vegetable Packet
"used frozen tilapia and frozen mixed veggie combo(birdseye: carrots, snap peas, mushrooms, onions. had to bake 45 minutes. try with Italian herbs."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.