Ideal for anyone counting calories, this convenient foil-packet meal is so tasty and couldn’t be much quicker or easier, says Shirley Gever of Toms River, New Jersey. “I recommend serving it with baked potatoes,” she notes.
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Place an 18x12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil on a large baking sheet. Arrange fillets in a single layer on foil; spritz with butter-flavored spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Combine the peas, carrots, onion, dill, garlic and remaining salt and pepper; spoon over fish. Drizzle with wine. Top with a second large piece of foil. Bring edges of foil pieces together; crimp to seal, forming a large packet.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and vegetables are crisp-tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Dilled Fish and Vegetable Packet in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p56
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Dilled Fish and Vegetable Packet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2008
"used frozen tilapia and frozen mixed veggie combo(birdseye: carrots, snap peas, mushrooms, onions. had to bake 45 minutes. try with Italian herbs."