Ideal for anyone counting calories, this convenient foil-packet meal is so tasty and couldn’t be much quicker or easier, says Shirley Gever of Toms River, New Jersey. “I recommend serving it with baked potatoes,” she notes.
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Place an 18x12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil on a large baking sheet. Arrange fillets in a single layer on foil; spritz with butter-flavored spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Combine the peas, carrots, onion, dill, garlic and remaining salt and pepper; spoon over fish. Drizzle with wine. Top with a second large piece of foil. Bring edges of foil pieces together; crimp to seal, forming a large packet.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and vegetables are crisp-tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Dilled Fish and Vegetable Packet in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p56
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Dilled Fish and Vegetable Packet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review