Dilled Fall Vegetables
Dish up a healthy serving of root vegetables seasoned with dill in this colorful, easy-to-fix combo from Janice Mitchell of Aurora, Colorado. “I sometimes substitute celery for the turnips, but I always get compliments,” she shares.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped peeled turnips
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add carrots and turnips. Bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain. Combine the remaining ingredients; drizzle over
- vegetables and toss lightly. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 142 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.