Dilled Duchess Potatoes Recipe
When you want to impress dinner guests with a splendid dish, these eye-catching potatoes from our Test Kitchen fill the bill. The appealing flavor of dill really shines through.
- 9 medium baking potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and quartered
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 6 tablespoons milk
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven or large kettle and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Beat in the eggs, 6 tablespoons of butter, dill, salt, pepper and enough milk to achieve a light fluffy consistency.
- 3. Using a pastry bag or heavy-duty resealable plastic bag and a large star tip, pipe potatoes into 12 mounds on two greased baking sheets. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over potatoes. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 187 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC