Dilled Duchess Potatoes Recipe
- 9 medium baking potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and quartered
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 6 tablespoons milk
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven or large kettle and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Beat in the eggs, 6 tablespoons of butter, dill, salt, pepper and enough milk to achieve a light fluffy consistency.
- Using a pastry bag or heavy-duty resealable plastic bag and a large star tip, pipe potatoes into 12 mounds on two greased baking sheets. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over potatoes. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Dilled Duchess Potatoes(1)
Sort By :
This was a big hit for my mum birthday. Family love it. It add a little more class than just having mashed potatoes in a bowl. I would recommend not to use all the salt since I double the recipe and the salt was a bit too much. I would recommend to half the butter and half the salt for a healthier sidedish. I add all the ingredients together. I didn't read about the butter at the end and it still turn out great. Plus, mashing the potatoes when they are very hot, is so much easier and give it more of a smooth texture. Also, I put a little piece of very hot red pepper at the top. It didn't burn the taste buds but you can taste the little spicyness and it look pretty too. I wonder if I can upload my picture?