Dilled Crab Salad
"I love dill, and when it's in season in my garden, I use as much as possible. I also dry some for cooking in winter," says field editor Mary Steiner of West Bend, Wisconsin. The tangy flavor of dill accents her cool and crunchy seafood salad.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) flaked imitation crabmeat
- 3 cups fresh sugar snap peas, halved widthwise
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Boston lettuce
- In a bowl, combine the crab, peas, cucumbers, red pepper, onion and
- dill. Combine the dressing, sour cream and lemon juice. Pour over
- crab mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or
- overnight. Serve on a bed of lettuce. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with fat-free ranch dressing and reduced-fat sour cream) equals 94 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 481 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now