Dilled Corn and Peas Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the peas, corn, red pepper and water in large saucepan; cover and cook over high heat for 2-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain. Add the butter, dill, salt if desired and pepper; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with margarine and without salt) equals 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat; also, 84 calories, 20 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 16 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein, 2 gm fat.