Dilled Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 whole chicken (4 to 5 pounds), quartered
- 4 celery ribs with leaves, cut up
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and quartered
- 1 small parsnip, peeled and sliced
- Few sprigs fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces thin egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1. Place chicken, vegetables and dill in a large kettle. Add water to cover, about 2-1/2 qts. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Skim foam. Add salt and pepper; cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- 2. Remove chicken and vegetables; set aside to cool. Pour the broth through a strainer. Slice carrots and dice chicken; return to broth. Discard all other vegetables and bones. Add noodles to soup and heat through. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 328 calories, 10g fat (0g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 29g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Dilled Chicken Soup
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.