Dilled Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 whole chicken (4 to 5 pounds), quartered
- 4 celery ribs with leaves, cut up
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and quartered
- 1 small parsnip, peeled and sliced
- Few sprigs fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces thin egg noodles, cooked and drained
- Place chicken, vegetables and dill in a large kettle. Add water to cover, about 2-1/2 qts. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Skim foam. Add salt and pepper; cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Remove chicken and vegetables; set aside to cool. Pour the broth through a strainer. Slice carrots and dice chicken; return to broth. Discard all other vegetables and bones. Add noodles to soup and heat through. Yield: 10 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Dilled Chicken Soup
Sort By :
This is a wonderful soup. I would never have thought to put sweet potato and parsnips in chicken noodle soup, but they work beautifully with the dill.