Dilled Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 whole chicken (4 to 5 pounds), quartered
- 4 celery ribs with leaves, cut up
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and quartered
- 1 small parsnip, peeled and sliced
- Few sprigs fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces thin egg noodles, cooked and drained
- Place chicken, vegetables and dill in a large kettle. Add water to cover, about 2-1/2 qts. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Skim foam. Add salt and pepper; cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Remove chicken and vegetables; set aside to cool. Pour the broth through a strainer. Slice carrots and dice chicken; return to broth. Discard all other vegetables and bones. Add noodles to soup and heat through. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Dilled Chicken Soup(1)
Sort By :
This is a wonderful soup. I would never have thought to put sweet potato and parsnips in chicken noodle soup, but they work beautifully with the dill.
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Soup Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Soup Recipes >