Dilled Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another large bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 446 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 736mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Dilled Chicken Salad
"love it, such a nice refreshing change from regular pasta salad, kids loved it because of the ranch flavor"
"Absolutely delicious! I make this over and over again. Have passed the recipe on to many friends. Great for any type of gathering and makes a huge amount."
"I followed the recipe exactly but it was too bland and didn't have much flavor. Maybe adding another package of the dry dressing mix would improve it, but it wasn't good enough that I'd consider trying again."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.