Dilled Chicken Salad
I usually harvest a bounty of recipe requests whenever I serve this hearty, fresh-tasting salad with its delicate dill flavor.
-Kimberly Speta, Kennedy, New York
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another large
- bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Editor's Note: If using a terra-cotta or clay bowl for serving this salad as shown in the photo, line it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, or use a plastic bowl that looks like terra-cotta.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 446 calories, 24 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 736 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.