Dilled Chicken and Asparagus Recipe
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 9 fresh asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the rice, bouillon and 1 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the parsley, lemon juice, oil, dill and salt; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, bring remaining water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 3. In the same skillet coated with cooking spray, saute chicken until juices run clear; drain. Add the rice, asparagus and lemon mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups (prepared with reduced-sodium bouillon granules) equals 356 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 371 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Dilled Chicken and Asparagus
"It was amazing and delicious. Made it for myself and boyfriend for Saturday lunch. Took about 20mins to make. We will put this into rotation for dinner or weekend lunch!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.