- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 9 fresh asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a small saucepan, bring the rice, bouillon and 1 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the parsley, lemon juice, oil, dill and salt; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, bring remaining water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In the same skillet coated with cooking spray, saute chicken until juices run clear; drain. Add the rice, asparagus and lemon mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Dilled Chicken and Asparagus
Sort By :
"It was amazing and delicious. Made it for myself and boyfriend for Saturday lunch. Took about 20mins to make. We will put this into rotation for dinner or weekend lunch!"