Most people don't think of pairing dill and carrots. But my family agrees that dill adds a nice tang to this slightly sweet vegetable. An herb that is easy to grow, dill also looks lovely in the garden.—Verona Koehlmoos, Pilger, Nebraska
- 2 to 3 cups sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain. Add remaining ingredients. Cook over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until hot. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Dilled Carrots in Taste of Home August/September 1994, p41
Reviews for Dilled Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review