Dilled Carrots & Green Beans for 2 Recipe
Need a tasty side dish to round out tonight's supper? Try this refreshingly easy twist from Harriett. Just four ingredients are all you'll need. Harriett Lee - Glasgow, MT
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 medium carrot, julienned
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1. In small saucepan, bring the water, sugar, salt and dill to a boil. Add carrots and beans. Cook, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 69 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC