Dilled Cajun Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
“I came up with this recipe when my husband and I were looking for something quick,” notes Abby Teel of Kuna, Idaho. “We both love Cajun seasoning, and the same goes for garlic and dill. We combined them in these delicious sandwiches that even my four-year-old loves!”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 sandwich rolls, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large skillet, combine olive oil and Cajun seasoning; add chicken and turn to coat. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, dill and garlic. Spread over cut sides of rolls. On roll bottoms, layer the lettuce, tomato, cheese and chicken; replace roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 537 calories, 34 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 1,682 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC