Dilled Cabbage Soup Recipe
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth, divided
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute the cabbage, onion and celery in butter for 1 minute. Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes. Set aside 1/2 cup broth. Add potatoes and remaining broth to cabbage mixture.
- 2. Whisk flour and reserved broth until smooth; stir into cabbage mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Stir a small amount of hot broth into sour cream; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Add dill and pepper; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 2 quarts.
1 cup: 132 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 740mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Dilled Cabbage Soup
"I followed this recipe pretty much exactly as was written, and it was delicious. A definite keeper without needing to make any changes. The only thing I disagree on is the servings. My husband and I had this for dinner and there is only enough left for lunch tomorrow for one of us. Serving 8 with this as a main dish is stretching it quite a bit. It is too good to share!"