Dilled Brussels Sprout Medley
This special side packs lots of flavor and perks up just about any plate. Priscilla Gilbert — Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/4 cups fresh or frozen brussels sprouts, thawed and halved
- 1-1/4 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add brussels sprouts and
- carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-12
- minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Stir in the remaining
- ingredients. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 78 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.