Dill Vegetable-Pasta Salad Recipe
“My husband and I often have this delicious pasta salad for lunch or a light supper in the summertime—in lieu of a big meal,” writes Darnell Griffin from her home in Estes Park, Colorado. Chunks of cheese and fresh vegetables eliminate the need for meat, and a light and creamy dill dressing replaces a heavy pasta sauce. Try it!
- 3 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup torn romaine
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, cheese and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, dill, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add lettuce and pasta to vegetable mixture. Drizzle with mayonnaise mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Dill Vegetable-Pasta Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p29
Reviews for Dill Vegetable-Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >