Dill Seasoned Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 bone-in beef chuck roast (3-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon dill seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides; drain. Sprinkle with dill seed, salt and pepper. Add water and vinegar to the pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast and keep warm. Pour drippings into a measuring cup. Strain and skim fat, reserving 3 tablespoons fat and all of the drippings. In a small saucepan, heat reserved fat and drippings; stir in flour until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in the sour cream and dill weed heat through (do not boil). Serve with the roast. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Dilled Pot Roast in Reminisce January/February 2005, p48
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Dill Seasoned Pot Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2013
This was a hit with my family!