Dill Potatoes Romanoff
These tangy potato cubes, topped with cheddar cheese, can be mixed ahead and refrigerated until you're ready to bake them. Rita Deere of Evansville, Indiana likes to serve them with steak and green beans.
2 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups cubed red potatoes
- 2/3 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the cottage cheese, sour cream
- and flour. Pour into a large bowl. Stir in the onion, dill and salt.
- Add the potatoes; toss gently.
- Transfer to a shallow 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese;
- bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream and reduced-fat cheddar cheese) equals 276 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 580 mg sodium,