Dill Pickle Potato Salad Recipe
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 8 medium)
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven or large kettle and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Peel and cube potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add the eggs, celery, onions and pickles.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle juice, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Dill Pickle Potato Salad
Sort By :
"This is the best potato salad I ever made, and it is easy to prepare. We all love dill pickles, so this will be my go to recipe when I make potato salad ."
"this is our favorite potato salad recipe"
"This was a good recipe, but I prefer other recipes better."
"I used this same recipe for macaroni salad. It was wonderful! My husband loved it!"
"It's like Mom's. The only difference is that Mom put grated cheese. I added 3 or 4 oz. and it tasted like I remembered. Thanks a bunch."