More Pickle Recipes
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 8 medium)
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven or large kettle and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Peel and cube potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add the eggs, celery, onions and pickles.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle juice, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Dill Pickle Potato Salad
"this is our favorite potato salad recipe"
"This was a good recipe, but I prefer other recipes better."
"I used this same recipe for macaroni salad. It was wonderful! My husband loved it!"
"It's like Mom's. The only difference is that Mom put grated cheese. I added 3 or 4 oz. and it tasted like I remembered. Thanks a bunch."
"This is good, but nothing super special"
"I found this recipe in a "Bonus Book" that came with my TOH magazine in June, 2006. I am not a potato salad fan, but my husband is. I have changed my tune, though. This recipe is AWESOME. I have made this over and over and will never make any other recipe. My friends request this potato salad for any function we attend. Thank you, Nancy, for a SUPER potato salad recipe!!"
"I liked the unique flavor from the pickles!"
"best I have ever had, added extra dill pickle used relish for convenience , my husband commented best potato salad ever"