Dill Pickle Potato Salad Recipe
More Pickle Recipes
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 8 medium)
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven or large kettle and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- 2. Peel and cube potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add the eggs, celery, onions and pickles.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle juice, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 415 calories, 30 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 139 mg cholesterol, 677 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Dill Pickle Potato Salad
"The potato salad tasted ok but I think it was more work than what it was worth. I think store boughten potato salad has better flavor. I will probably check out another recipe in the future."
"This is the best potato salad I ever made, and it is easy to prepare. We all love dill pickles, so this will be my go to recipe when I make potato salad ."
"this is our favorite potato salad recipe"
"This was a good recipe, but I prefer other recipes better."
"I used this same recipe for macaroni salad. It was wonderful! My husband loved it!"
"It's like Mom's. The only difference is that Mom put grated cheese. I added 3 or 4 oz. and it tasted like I remembered. Thanks a bunch."
"This is good, but nothing super special"
"I found this recipe in a "Bonus Book" that came with my TOH magazine in June, 2006. I am not a potato salad fan, but my husband is. I have changed my tune, though. This recipe is AWESOME. I have made this over and over and will never make any other recipe. My friends request this potato salad for any function we attend. Thank you, Nancy, for a SUPER potato salad recipe!!"
"I liked the unique flavor from the pickles!"
"best I have ever had, added extra dill pickle used relish for convenience , my husband commented best potato salad ever"
"This was the absolute best potato salad that I have ever made! I didn't have any celery so I omitted that ingredient, but it wasn't missed! The pickle juice adds a nice tang to the salad as well."
"Another potato salad recipe I have looked for many years. Thanks again TOH"
"I added a few more pickles and pickle juice and skipped out on the celery, but we loved it!!! This recipe will be made again and agaiN!"
"Everyone in my home loved this (especially me)!"
"THIS IS THE ONLY POTATO SALAD MY KIDSWANT"
"I've made this twice now and dh and I absolutely love it."
"My grandmother's potato salad is very similar to this, but it doesn't have any dill pickle juice, salt, or celery seed. It does have garlic and onion powder though. It is a very delicious recipe!"
"Very delicious and my hard to please husband loved it."
"I make this with plain yogurt or kefir i/o mayonnaise - tastes great!"
"This was so good. It sounded good but surpassed my expectations. This is one recipe that I will make again."