- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons dill seed
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, butter, sugar, egg, dill seed, onion, salt and 1-1/2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in remaining flour (batter will be sticky). Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Stir batter down. Spoon into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown (cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly). Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Dill-Onion Batter Bread
Sort By :
"This is so good. The aroma when it's baking will have your mouth watering. The first time I made it exactly as the recipe states and it was very good. The second time I left out the dried onion and added fresh, minced chives from my garden instead. They added some nice color and taste. It has a nice crust and the bread is light and fluffy. I will be making this again-and again. This will be a perfect accompaniment to home made soups this winter."
"I did this because I don't know how to knead bread. My whole family loved it. I will definitely make it again and again."
"Yummy! Quick and easy too."
"I've had this recipe for awhile but hesitated to make it since it used yeast and without a bread machine. After reading the other reviews I thought I would try it. I'm so glad I did. It WAS easy and so yummy. I'm going to make it again tomorrow for a friend who just got out of the hospital."
"Great recipe! I mixed it all by hand with no problem. The flavor and texture is amazing!"