I pick up small, decorative canning jars at rummage sales or in hardware stores to fill with the zesty mustard I make to give to friends. —Sue Braunschweig, Delafield, Wisconsin
32 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing Cook: 10 min.
- 1 cup ground mustard
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- In the top of a double boiler, combine mustard, vinegar, sugar,
- water, salt and dill. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 4
- hours. Bring water in bottom of double boiler to a boil. Add eggs to
- mustard mixture. Cook and stir until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Cool. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 32 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 tablespoon) equals 47 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.