Dill and Chive Bread
Adding chive and onion cream cheese is a simple way to give plain bread dough a punch. I love how easy and wonderful this bread is.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions
- (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of
- water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 121 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.