Dill and Cheddar Muffins Recipe
"Unlike many other baked goods, these muffins are surprisingly savory," says Bernadette Colvin of Houston, Texas. "I serve them with stew, soup and other entrees."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the milk, eggs and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: about 9 jumbo muffins or 1 dozen standard-size muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 246 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 521 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC