"Unlike many other baked goods, these muffins are surprisingly savory," says Bernadette Colvin of Houston, Texas. "I serve them with stew, soup and other entrees."
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the milk, eggs and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: about 9 jumbo muffins or 1 dozen standard-size muffins.
Originally published as Cheddar Dill Muffins in Country Woman March/April 2004, p23
Reviews for Dill and Cheddar Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review