Dijon-Walnut Spinach Salad
So much flavor for so few fixings! "This family favorite of ours has a great fresh taste, lots of different textures and can be tossed together in a heartbeat," says Chris DeMontravel in Mohegan Lake, New York. "For variety, change up the dressing to honey mustard or any other favorite."
13 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup honey Dijon vinaigrette
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, feta cheese, cranberries and
- walnuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 13 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 120 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.