Dijon Veggies with Couscous Recipe
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1. Place an 18x12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil on a large baking sheet; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, zucchini and red pepper. Combine the wine, mustard, oil, garlic, horseradish, salt and pepper; drizzle over vegetables. Toss to coat; transfer to baking sheet. Top with a second large piece of foil. Bring edges of foil pieces together; crimp to seal, forming a large packet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Transfer couscous and vegetables to a large serving bowl; toss to combine.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled couscous mixture in a freezer container. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, adding 2-3 tablespoons water to moisten. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 182 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Dijon Veggies with Couscous
"Yummy and pretty easy to make. Sometimes these veggie dishes make you chop veggies for forever. This was pretty quick."
"Tangy, delicious and uncomplicated to prepare! A definite keeper!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.