Dijon Turkey Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot mashed potatoes, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, brown the turkey in 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Remove turkey and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, red pepper and onion in remaining oil for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with flour, salt, thyme and pepper. Stir in broth until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Add the sour cream, mustard, parsley and turkey. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until heated through. Serve with mashed potatoes if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 380 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 998mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein
Reviews for Dijon Turkey Stroganoff
"I made this stroganoff tonight for dinner it was apslute delisious.i had to double it I usedgreen peppers instead of red. and I made my own homemade mashed potatoes thanksfor the recpie"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.