Dijon Turkey Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot mashed potatoes, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, brown the turkey in 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Remove turkey and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, red pepper and onion in remaining oil for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with flour, salt, thyme and pepper. Stir in broth until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Add the sour cream, mustard, parsley and turkey. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until heated through. Serve with mashed potatoes if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 380 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 998 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Reviews for Dijon Turkey Stroganoff
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.