Dijon Thyme Chicken
"Dijon mustard and thyme give breaded chicken a tasty new twist," says Galen Stanley of St. Charles, Missouri. "The meat is moist and tender."
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a bowl, combine the butter, mustard, onion, garlic, thyme and
- pepper flakes. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with bread
- crumbs. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run
- clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 474 calories, 28 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 813 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.