- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a bowl, combine the butter, mustard, onion, garlic, thyme and pepper flakes. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with bread crumbs. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Dijon Thyme Chicken
"I recall making this recipe when it was first featured in Taste of Home. What I'd done as an adjustment was to use 1 cup Progresso OR other brand of Italian bread crumbs to coat the chicken. I had baked the chicken at 350o F. for at least 1-1/2 hours or until poultry tested tender when I pricked it with a fork. I'd found this to be a very tasty dish! Thank you for sharing this with Taste of Home!delowenstein"
"Really good and really easy. My kids even liked it and asked for more :) it's a keeper!"
"i love how soft the chicken comes out"
"Excellent chicken, very moist and tender just like it says."