Fat-free mayonnaise mixed only with pickle relish seemed so tasteless, so I began experimenting and came up with my own recipe for tartar sauce. It adds lots of flavor to fish, but a few calories. —Kristen Flaherty of South Portland, Maine
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Originally published as Dijon Tartar Sauce in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p31
Reviews for Dijon Tartar Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review