Dijon Spinach Salad Recipe
For an unusual mix of tastes and textures, try this medley from Kara de la Vega of Suisun City, California. "This salad goes nicely with roasted chicken or London broil," she suggests.
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar and salt; shake well. Pour over the salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 80 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Dijon Spinach Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC