Dijon Spinach Salad
For an unusual mix of tastes and textures, try this medley from Kara de la Vega of Suisun City, California. "This salad goes nicely with roasted chicken or London broil," she suggests.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a jar with a
- tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar and
- salt; shake well. Pour over the salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with
- sesame seeds. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with 1/4 cup oil) equals 80 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.