For an unusual mix of tastes and textures, try this medley from Kara de la Vega of Suisun City, California. "This salad goes nicely with roasted chicken or London broil," she suggests.
Recommended: 23 Recipes That Use Up Leftover Hard-Boiled Eggs
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar and salt; shake well. Pour over the salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Dijon Spinach Salad in Quick Cooking December 2000, p12
Reviews for Dijon Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review