Dijon Sirloin Tips Recipe
I received this recipe years ago and have put it to excellent use ever since. This beef and mushroom dish is such a hit with our family it's become a tradition for birthdays and Christmas. — Janelle Lee, Appleton, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour YIELD:4 servings
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/4 pounds), cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, brown meat in butter and oil; transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Pour mushroom mixture and drippings over meat. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour or until beef is tender.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the broth, vinegar and soy sauce; bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes; set aside. Combine the mustard cornstarch and cream; stir into broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Drain juices from baking dish into broth mixture. Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Add beef mixture. Serve with noodles. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC