- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/4 pounds), cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, brown meat in butter and oil; transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Pour mushroom mixture and drippings over meat. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour or until beef is tender.
- In the same skillet, combine the broth, vinegar and soy sauce; bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes; set aside. Combine the mustard cornstarch and cream; stir into broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain juices from baking dish into broth mixture. Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Add beef mixture. Serve with noodles. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forDijon Sirloin Tips
"Very good. Will make it again but with double the sauce."
"Excellent taste! We did think it needed twice the sauce though. The only other change I needed to make was that I didn't end up with any drippings when I was done sauteeing the mushrooms, which then meant I didn't have any juices left to add to the sauce when taking it out of the oven either. If that happens next time, I'll add a little broth before putting it in the oven."
"There are some slight differences between this version and the one originally printed in the magazine...fyi. That said, it is very good. We don't care for mushrooms so i leave them out. Doubling the sauce amounts is a good idea. Will do that next time."
"Great improvement on beef stroganoff. I doubled the sauce ingregients, added 1/4 cup dry sherry, and cut the cooking time to 1 hour and it came out great. I like this better than regular stroganoff-type recipes."
"This recipe is delicious! easy to make and elegant enough to serve to special guests. The meat is always tender and flavorful! Thank you Janelle for a great recipe!"