Dijon Shrimp with Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually stir in broth, wine, mustard, tarragon, paprika and pepper. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- 3. Reduce heat to medium; stir in shrimp and cream. Cook, covered, 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with pasta; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Dijon Shrimp with Pasta
"Made a double batch of this for dinner last night and eating leftovers for lunch right now! Its delicious and fast to make.As for those bemoaning the lack of nutritional information, I agree that its nice to have that. However, we don't always get that with everything we eat. This dish has butter, pasta and cream. Its not going to be low in calories, so consider it a splurge."
"I made this tonight and it was very good, definitely a keeper. The only thing I changed, was I added two diced cloves of garlic, I will definitely be making it again."
"This was a delicious and fast weeknight meal. Made it exactly as written other then using half and half in place of the heavy cream and absolutely loved it. I will be making again and again. Simple yet elegant for company also. Definitely worth making:)"
"sounds good but I agree with MamauJudy we need the nutritional values."
"This sounds delicious but I never try recipes that don't give the nutritional values. We list it for some, why don't we do it for all recipes?"
"Don't often submit reviews but this is an awesome fast dinner! Great taste and not real heavy. Definitely will make again!"
"WoW!! I cut back a little on the onions, used chicken broth and drank the wine : ))Other that that YUM!!"
"Winner Winner seafood dinner!!!!"
"This was a great addition to the dinner menu. My husband really like it. Will definitely make again and maybe add some Italian sausage, husband favorite."
"I live in Florida and we eat a lot of shrimp. I have made umpteen sauces for shrimp, but I didn't even think of making one with mustard. As a volunteer field editor, I am happy to say this recipe is spectacular."
"Awesome. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for the recipe."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.