Dijon Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
My family loves this creamy and colorful recipe for cheesy potatoes. It has both sweet and white potatoes, lots of rich, buttery flavor and a pretty, golden-crumb topping. —Carolyn Putnam, Norwalk, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing YIELD:8 servings
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil until tender. Reduce heat to medium; stir in broth, cream cheese and mustard until blended. Remove from heat. Stir in potatoes.
- 2. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine crushed crackers, Parmesan cheese and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 293 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 524 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC