Dijon Sauce for Veggies
Here's a deliciously different way to serve good-for-you vegetables to your family. The creamy trimmed-down sauce with its subtle Dijon flavor drapes nicely over cauliflower, carrots or most any vegetable. "I like to blanch broccoli florets and toss them with the sauce", notes Jan Allen from Lander, Wyoming.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 ounces PHILADELPHIA® 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese Spread, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- In a small nonstick saucepan, saute the onion and garlic in oil until
- tender. Stir in milk. Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth;
- stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or
- until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Whisk in cream cheese until melted. Stir in the
- mustard, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Serve with vegetables. Yield:
- 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/4 cup) equals 58 calories, 2 fat (1 saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium,