Dijon Roasted Asparagus
Asparagus is a natural side dish to serve at Easter. In this mouthwatering recipe, Dijon mustard, cayenne pepper and Asiago cheese provide big, bold flavor. Jamie Brown-Miller, Napa, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 slice Brioche bread (1/2 inch thick), toasted
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, oil, garlic and cayenne. Place
- bread in a food processor; cover and process until fine crumbs form.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon mustard
- Place asparagus in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; drizzle
- with remaining mustard mixture. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture
- and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 14-18 minutes or until
- golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 211 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 419 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.