Dijon Roasted Asparagus Recipe
Asparagus is a natural side dish to serve at Easter. In this mouthwatering recipe, Dijon mustard, cayenne pepper and Asiago cheese provide big, bold flavor. —Jamie Brown-Miller, Napa, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 slice Brioche bread (1/2 inch thick), toasted
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, oil, garlic and cayenne. Place bread in a food processor; cover and process until fine crumbs form. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon mustard mixture.
- 2. Place asparagus in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; drizzle with remaining mustard mixture. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 211 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 419 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC