Bottled salad dressing is the secret to Mary Bilyeu's quick and tangy side dish. "It was inspired by traditional German-style potato salad with its vinegar dressing," explains the Ann Arbor, Michigan cook. "My husband and I usually can't wait for it to chill, so we know it's good warm, too!"
Recommended: Top 10 Potato Salad Recipes
- 1 pound red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and onions. Combine the salad dressing and mustard; pour 1/2 cup over potato mixture. Toss to coat. Cover and chill. Add remaining dressing just before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Potato Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p22
Reviews for Dijon Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2012
"I love this warm too! I use a sweet vidalia or purple onion. This doesn't upset my stomach the way mayo type salads do."