Dijon Poppy Seed Cheese Bread Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Cut bread into 1-in. slices to within 1/4 in. of bottom. In a small bowl, combine the butter, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, poppy seeds and onion. Spread over each slice of bread; sprinkle cheese between the slices.
- 2. Place the loaf in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread is crisp. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 282 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Dijon Poppy Seed Cheese Bread
"This is so good and so easy - I fixed it for a neighborhood group and everyone wanted the recipe"
"This is awesome!!"