Dijon Poppy Seed Cheese Bread Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Cut bread into 1-in. slices to within 1/4 in. of bottom. In a small bowl, combine the butter, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, poppy seeds and onion. Spread over each slice of bread; sprinkle cheese between the slices.
- 2. Place the loaf in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread is crisp. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 282 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Dijon Poppy Seed Cheese Bread
"This is so good and so easy - I fixed it for a neighborhood group and everyone wanted the recipe"
"This is awesome!!"