Dijon-Honey Pork Chops
You won't need salt to season when you serve these tasty chops. They're treated to a flavorful honey-orange-Dijon sauce in this quick entree from Shirley Goehring of Lodi, California.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Sprinkle pork chops with lemon-pepper. In a large nonstick skillet
- coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork
- chops; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, whisk orange juice, mustard and honey until blended;
- pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5-8
- minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- Remove chops from pan; keep warm. Cook sauce, uncovered, 2-3 minutes
- longer or until mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup. Serve with chops.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 244 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a