Dijon Ham Salad Recipe
This special recipe was handed down to me from my dear mother. So whenever I make this, it not only brings wonderful flavor to my table, it brings back tasty memories as well.
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the first seven ingredients to a boil; boil for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved. Cool; chill. In a large bowl, combine ham, rice, celery, green pepper, onion, pimientos and beans. Add dressing; toss to coat. Chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Dijon Ham Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p44
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Dijon Ham Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review