Dijon Ham Muffins Recipe
For a nice change from sweet muffins, try this delightful hearty variety. They're easy to fix and great for breakfast with scrambled eggs or on a brunch buffet. They're also super with soup for lunch. -Karen Davis, Springfield, Missouri
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the eggs, buttermilk, oil and mustard; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the ham.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 14 muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 165 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC