For a nice change from sweet muffins, try this delightful hearty variety. They're easy to fix and great for breakfast with scrambled eggs or on a brunch buffet. They're also super with soup for lunch. -Karen Davis, Springfield, Missouri
Recommended: 22 Leftover Ham Recipes
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the eggs, buttermilk, oil and mustard; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the ham.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 14 muffins.
Originally published as Dijon Ham Muffins in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p27
Reviews for Dijon Ham Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2010
"I made these muffins as a new addition to the early morning breakfast I cook almost every day. Opinions were split down the middle amongst the crew. I'm thinking I may add green onion and garlic next time."