- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a large saucepan, combine the cream cheese, milk and mustard. Cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until smooth, stirring occasionally. Add the ham and peas; set aside.
- On an ungreased baking sheet, roll pastry into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread ham mixture down the center third of rectangle.
- On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips to within 1/2 in. of filling. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling; pinch ends to seal. Combine egg yolk and water; brush over braid. Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Dijon Ham Braid in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p42
Reviews for Dijon Ham Braid
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review