Dijon Green Beans Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, for 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, whisk the vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Drain beans; place in a large bowl. Add tomatoes and onion. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 54 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Dijon Green Beans
"This is very good. I like it at roomtemperature."
"I love these green beans. They are my favorite way to eat green beans hands down!"
"I liked this recipe and will make again. I didn't have red onion and I used frozen green beans. I definitely will use fresh next time because I don't really enjoy the frozen bean texture. I also will use red onion too. I enjoyed the dressing on the beans and I love parmesan."
"My husband and I loved this recipe."
"SOOOO good and easy."
"This was a nice and light green bean recipe, nothing like any other recipe. I made as-is except I forgot to add the parmasan. It was still wonderful. Will definitely do again."
"Why do people rate recipes they don't even try? This was excellent! The dressing, onion and tomatoes are warmed by the hot green beans. It's quite different from most vegetable side dishes I've made. I did add 2 teaspoons of honey to the vinegar mixture since it seemed rather tart. Loved it!"
"This recipe sounds interesting but I'm reluctant to try it as there seems to be a step missing in this recipe. Do you drain and cool the green beans and then toss them with the tomatoes, onions and dressing or do you add the green beans drained and hot to the dressing????? I only given it a 3 star as I'm not sure if I would like it or not or if I would make it again."