Dijon Green Beans Recipe
I love this recipe because it combines the freshness of garden green beans with a warm and tangy dressing. It’s a wonderful, quick and easy side dish. —Jannine Fisk Malden, Massachusetts
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, for 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, whisk the vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Drain beans; place in a large bowl. Add tomatoes and onion. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 54 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Dijon Green Beans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC